- Copper Nickel
- Other Metals
- Custom Machined Parts
- Markets Served
As the industry leader in copper metal supply, Farmer's Copper offers copper pipe products that meet the requirements of ASTM B42. ASTM B42 provides specifications for seamless copper pipe in nominal pipe in both standard (regular) and extra -strong wall pipe sizes.
Per the ASTM specification, the pipe must be produced from one of the following UNS numbers:
- C10200 - Oxygen-Free High Conductivity (OFHC) Copper
- C10300 – Oxygen-Free Extra-Low Phosphorus Copper
- C10800 – Oxygen-Free Low Phosphorous (OFLP) Copper
- C12000 – Deoxidized Low Phosphorous (DLP) Copper
- C12200 – Deoxidized High Phosphorous (DHP) Copper
Farmer’s Copper maintains inventory of copper pipe in both C10200 & C12200. DHP pipe contains high residual phosphorous content and is often used in plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler feed lines. The C10200 OFHC is stocked to specification ASTM B188 and is comprised of 99.95% copper and very little oxygen, which allows for excellent electrical conductivity and thermal resistance properties, often used as electrical conductor.
Learn more about our ASTM B42 products below.